An Update From Gdental
We wanted to update you about what we do at Gdental on a daily basis to minimize the exposure of our patients and team members to any pathogens, including the new coronavirus, COVID-19.
We have always followed Universal Precautions for the welfare of our patients and staff. This includes:
- Wearing new, disposable gloves while treating each patient.
- Wearing a face mask covering our mouth and nose and protective eye wear while treating patients.
- We wash our hands with antibacterial soap between every patient.
- Wiping the treatment chair, the countertops and cabinets in the room after we see each patient with the highest-level disinfecting towelettes designed for hospitals and healthcare settings.
- All our instruments are run through a professional medical dishwasher, bagged, and heat sterilized.
In our non-treatment areas, we are increasing our diligence in wiping our counters and doorknobs multiple times during the day with disinfectant wipes. We have hand sanitizer available in the check-in and check-out areas, and in the reception room for your use.
During this new normal with COVID-19 we ask our patients and families for the following considerations:
- Please limit the number of family members attending appointments.
- Please advise us if you have traveled domestically or internationally within one week of your scheduled appointment.
- If any member of your family is feeling ill, please call our office to reschedule your appointment or your child’s appointment. Please do not come inro the office coughing or sneezing.
- We are going to minimize our team’s physical contact right now with patients and families, so we have asked our team members not to shake hands or hug.
We will continue to monitor the American Dental Association’s and the American Academy of Periodontology’s recommendations for dentists based on CDC guidelines. We hope our efforts help put you at ease. Please feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns you may have during this time at 212-486-6622.
Graziano D. Giglio, DDS
Ana B. Giglio, DDS
16 East 52 Street, Suite 1200
New York, NY 10022