An Update From Gdental
On June 15, 2020 Gdental reopened its doors and resumed providing much needed dental care - in the midst of a global pandemic! A year later, we are proud and grateful to say that our office has maintained a spotless record of safety.
Although the past year has been a tough and trying time for our community, we have and will always continue our commitment to your well-being and peace of mind. We are elated that life is slowly returning to normal, but as a healthcare facility, we are legally bound to follow stricter guidelines, even if you have been vaccinated.
Procedures and protocols put in place will remain until the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the American Dental Association (ADA), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) deem otherwise:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask screening questions. Prescreening forms are mandatory, and appointments will be cancelled if a patient does not comply.
- Wearing a facial mask is mandatory to be allowed admittance to our office building. The mask should be worn at all times in the office except when you are receiving active care.
- Patients must have their temperature taken prior to entering the office.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation with regards to the ongoing infection control procedures that we have implemented in our practice to keep all of us safe:
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. It will also be available in the waiting room and throughout the office for you to use as needed.
- A sneeze guard has been placed at the front desk. All patients will check in and out at one of three transaction windows at the front desk.
- Additional doors have been placed throughout the office for isolation purposes.
- All patients must use the external restrooms.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or candy as those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. No food or beverages in the waiting area, and children’s toys are not allowed.
- Air purifiers, with True HEPA filters and internal germicidal UVC light have been placed throughout the office. The air conditioning system has been upgraded with additional ventilation and exhaust.
- The treatment rooms will be cool, and we can no longer provide blankets, so we recommend that you bring an extra layer for warmth if you are concerned about the temperature.
- An electrolyzed water solution will be dispersed, with a fogger, in each operatory following patient treatment to mitigate any aerosol that was generated during the appointment. Electrolyzed water is an all-natural solution that is produced using tap water, salts, and electricity. At a near neutral pH (5-7), it is an oxidant and antimicrobial that is effective against COVID-19.
- In addition to the existing water filtration systems, an antimicrobial solution will be used overnight and flushed out each morning in the operatory water lines.
- The operatory staff will be wearing additional personal protective equipment (PPE) and the front desk staff will be wearing masks at a minimum.
- There will be a $25.00 PPE fee/appointment. This fee will only cover a small portion of our PPE costs.
As always, we look forward to seeing you back in our office. If you have any questions or if you would like to make an appointment, please call our office at 212-486-6622 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
With warm regards,
Ana and Graz Giglio