An Update From Gdental
Our community has been through much over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Please review some of the changes in effect to protect our patients and staff:
Infection control has always been a top priority for Gdental and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We continue to follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation with regards to the additional infection control procedures that we have implemented in our practice to keep all of us safe:
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the waiting room and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- A sneeze guard has been placed at the front desk. All patients will check in and out at one of three transaction windows at the front desk.
- Additional doors have been placed throughout the office for isolation purposes.
- All patients must use the external restrooms.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or candy as those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. No food or beverages in the waiting area, and children’s toys are not allowed.
- Air purifiers, with True HEPA filters and internal germicidal UVC light have been placed throughout the office. The air conditioning system has been upgraded with additional ventilation and exhaust.
- The treatment rooms will be cool, and we can no longer provide blankets, so we recommend that you bring an extra layer for warmth if you are concerned about the temperature.
- An electrolyzed water solution will be dispersed, with a fogger, in each operatory following patient treatment to mitigate any aerosol that was generated during the appointment. Electrolyzed water is an all-natural solution that is produced using tap water, salts, and electricity. At a near neutral pH (5-7), it is an oxidant and antimicrobial that is effective against COVID-19.
- In addition to the existing water filtration systems, an antimicrobial solution will be used overnight and flushed out each morning in the operatory water lines.
- The operatory staff will be wearing additional personal protective equipment (PPE) and the front desk staff will be wearing masks at a minimum.
- There will be a $25.00 PPE fee/appointment. This fee will only cover a small portion of our PPE costs.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 212-486-6622 or email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
With warm regards,
Ana and Graz Giglio